01 Data Protection
The operators of these pages take protection of your personal data very seriously. We handle your personal data in confidence and in compliance with applicable statutory data protection regulations and this privacy statement.
It is generally possible to use our website without providing personal data. To the extent that personal data are requested on our pages (name, address, or email addresses) this always takes place on a voluntary basis as far as possible.
We would like to point out that data transfer in the Internet (e.g. in email communication) can involve security risks. It is not possible to protect private data completely against access by third parties.
2. Details of responsible operator
Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH
CEO: Moritz van Dülmen
Project Leadership: Jens Thomas
3. Details of data privacy officer
Dr. Michael Funke
Jaschinski Bire Brexl Partnerschaft mbB
+49 (0)30 443 765-0
4. DATA PROCESSING ON THIS WEBSITE
www.crowdfunding-berlin.com automatically collects and stores on its server log files with information
transmitted to it by your browser. These include:
- browser type and version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server request
These data cannot be traced back to individuals by Crowdfunding Berlin. We do not combine this
data with other data sources. We reserve the right to examine these data subsequently if we have
grounds to suspect illegal use. Your IP address will be anonymised immediately once the
connection is ended.
We give you the opportunity to subscribe to an email newsletter. For this purpose we collect your
email address and analyse our newsletter services by collecting certain usage data.
4.A Categories of personal data
- Registered consulting clients: first name, last name, e-mail address
- Non-registered users of this website: IP address, see 4
- Participants in events and workshops: first name, last name, e-mail address
- Press contacts: first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone, possibly postal address (business)
We, Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH as operator of the website, take the protection of your
personal data very seriously and comply strictly with data protection regulations under
applicable laws. Personal data are collected on this website only to the extent necessary for
5. Purposes for which data are processed
- Networking and information on crowdfunding for artists and creative people in Berlin
- Operation of the website
- Evaluation of user data (Google Analytics)
6. Legal basis for the processing of data
We process our data of consultation clients on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR. Our
legitimate interest is in providing information on Crowdfunding.
The processing of data for the purpose of using our website is based on Art. 6 (1) f) of the GDPR.
Our legitimate interest is in improving the user-friendliness of our website.
7. Duration of storage
We store our log files for 1 year.
With login option and user account: We store your data as long as you have a user account with
us. Afterwards your data will be deleted immediately. You can delete your user profile yourself at
any time. If you are not able to do so, please contact our support.
Should Crowdfunding Berlin wish to process your data for other purposes, this will only be done with
your prior consent (Consent). If storage is no longer required, for example if you terminate your
user account, all your personal data will be deleted.
8. Right to lodge a complaint and responsible supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the responsible supervisory authority. To do this, please contact:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit (Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
9. Security of data
The personal data you provide to us will be secured using all technical and organisational security means to ensure that they are not accessible to unauthorised third parties. If you wish to send us data or information that is very sensitive, you should send it by post, since complete data security by email cannot be guaranteed.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically erased when you finish your visit. Other cookies stay stored on your end device until you erase them. These cookies enable us to recognise your browser next time you visit us.
You may adjust your browser settings to let you know when cookies are being placed and only to allow cookies on a case-by-case basis, to block the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or generally or to activate deletion of cookies automatically when you close your browser. If you deactivate cookies you may restrict the availability of the functions of this website. Personal data are processed in this connection on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in offering you the best possible user experience.
You may block the storage of cookies in your browser settings. We would point out, however, that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website. You may also block the transfer of the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of our website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of your data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
11. Transfer of user data to third parties (categories of recipients)
To implement and constantly improve the service we offer we work together with various service providers (processors) who support us in making this service possible. These include
- technical agencies, which are responsible for programming the site, hosting and operating the servers
- providers of online appointment booking tools
- providers of online analysis tools.
We would point out to our users that all data disclosed by you in the Internet can also be seen by third parties and will be available to them to use as they please. Although we have taken technical precautions to block mass export of data by third parties, we would draw the attention of our users to the slight remaining risk.
Data provided by users will not be used by the operators for target marketing or similar.
11.a Reason for transfer to a third country
Some of our external service providers process data in the USA. However, the service providers we use are EU-US Privacy Shield certified, so that an adequate level of data protection is ensured.
12. Rights of the data subject
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guarantees you certain rights which you can assert against us, provided that the statutory requirements are met.
● Art. 15 GDPR – Right of access by the data subject: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, what data and detailed information on the data processing.
● Art. 16 GDPR – Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
● Art. 17 GDPR – Right to erasure: You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
● Art. 18 GDPR – Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing.
● Art. 20 GDPR – Right to data portability: You have the right, if data is being processed on the basis of consent or for the fulfilment of a contract, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us or to have the personal data transmitted directly to the other controller, where technically feasible.
● Art. 21 GDPR – Right to object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to our processing of personal data concerning you which is based on a legitimate interest on our part or in performance of a task which is necessary for reasons of public interest or is carried out in exercise of public authority.
If you object, we shall no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
● Art. 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG –Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) – Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority at any time, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes applicable law.
13. Obligation to provide data
You are under no contractual or legal obligation to provide us with personal data. However, we will not be able to offer you our services without the data provided by you.
14. Existence of automated decision-making (including profiling)
We do not use automated decision-making processes which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
15. Search engine findability
In your privacy settings you can at any time state which of your data should be visible and which not and whether your profile should be displayed at all. The findability of your profile within the website and in the whole of the Internet depends on these settings.
17. Further information
Your trust is important to us. So we would like to answer any questions you may have about the processing of your personal data at any time. If you have any questions that have not been answered by this privacy statement or if you would like more information on any point, you are welcome to contact Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH at any time.
18. Privacy Statement, Use of Google Analytics
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics, provider address: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA, 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and allow the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is generally transferred to a server of Google in the United States and stored there.
For more information on the use of Google Analytics, see Google’s privacy statement: http://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
We process your data on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in the purpose set out above. You may prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. An opt-out cookie will be placed that will block your data from being collected when you visit our website in future: deactivate Google Analytics.
19. Privacy Statement, Use of Hotjar
This website utilizes Hotjar. The provider is Hotjar Ltd., Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe. Hotjar uses so-called „cookies“. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer. Their purpose is to analyse the use to make our website presentation more user friendly, more effective and more secure. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Hotjar server and stored there. For more detailed information about Hotjar and the data to be recorded, please see the privacy statement of Hotjar under the following link: https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/sections/115003180467-Privacy-Security-and-Operations.
The use of Hotjar and the storage of the Hotjar cookies are based on Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user patterns, in order to optimize the operator’s website. If you would like to deactivate the recording of data by Hotjar, please click on the link below https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out/. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent the collection of your information on future visits on this website.